Do Your Bit - Emission Reduction Ideas
How you will save your 20%
Do your bit and commit to one or more of the list below and reduce your energy bills
- Boil as much water as you need. You save 0.2% of your energy use and 27kg of CO2
- Turn your thermostat down by 1 degree. You will save 4.1% of your energy use and 325 kg of CO2
- Turn appliances off standby. You will save 1% of your energy use and 112kg of CO2
- Replace 12 light bulbs with energy saving ones. You will save 1% of your energy use and 81kg of CO2.
- Install a condensing boiler. You will save 11% of your energy use and 746kg of CO2.
- Wash your laundry at only 30C. You will save 0.2% of your energy use and 43kg of CO2.
Want to commit? Visit www.toleranceinternational.org.uk/green
Over 150,000 people have already done so.
Tips for your car
- Do not use the car for short journeys. You will save 1.5% of your energy use and 122kg of CO2.
- Under-inflated tyres increase CO2 but over-inflated tyres can be unsafe so check your car manual for the correct tyre pressure.
- Less clutter in your car means less CO2 emissions.
- Driving at an appropriate speed reduces CO2 emissions.
- Less stopping and starting means less CO2 emissions.
For more tips and information on how to cut your carbon footprint visit
You can get involved in the various activities that Tolerance global network offers, volunteering, fundraising, taking up challenges or doing research.
For more information please click here.